Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another crazy week at the Swansons

Monday started out cRAZy with Henry hiding ALL the keys and me walking Lael to school and then walking to pick up both Oliver and Lael (Erik takes Oliver to school in the morning on the way to BART, thankfully). I took pity on poor Lulu, who doesn't get out nearly enough, and brought her along on the walk. Halfway there, while I was picking poop up off a lawn with a bag, she was attached to Henry's bike handle and led him off the curb. He got scraped up and Lael was late for school. So I let Henry play at the park and then came home for his nap and tried to make cookies for the dessert for someone in our ward who just had a baby. I must have added an extra cup of flour because they weren't even edible. At that point, I was ready to call it a day and end the torture and just go to bed. Erik ended up coming home early to find the keys and rescue me so I could get the dinner over.

The rest of the week is somewhat of a blur. Lael finally hit the baseball and made it on base (she's really young to be playing in Minor B and it took her 3 games, but it's so nice to have them both on the same team and she's doing fine). She got the team ball, so she was happy. Oliver got the first team ball on Opening Day the Saturday before. We let him take a one-day training camp taught by professional baseball players a couple weeks ago and he's doing great, so it's definitely paid off. When I told him he needed to work on his throwing arm, he told me, "It's just that I need to fully rotate and follow through on my throw ... something about extension and release ...", so I guess it made an impression! On my birthday on Wednesday, I took two friends up to San Francisco and showed them around Yerba Buena Gardens and took them out to lunch at a neighborhood I hadn't been to but Erik recommended. I took Henry, which worked out great, since both these church friends had babies around 1 year old, but they are in their early 20s (one of them was turning 21 that day too) and they were shocked I am 34. I find it more shocking that Erik is almost 40, but I do find it interesting that I gravitate toward 20-somethings. It's also because there's hardly anyone out here my age to choose from anyway. That night we had a $7.99 Trader Joe's ice cream cake that I had bought that was really good. It was a fun day and reminded me that I would like to spend a lot more time in San Francisco - but it's going to have to wait for summer.

Saturday I did a makeup class for Lael's gymnastics and took Lael and Henry to a Chuck E Cheese party while Erik took Oliver to the batting cages and bought him gum (more on that later). For my birthday I tried a mineral body wrap, which did about 25 percent of what I wanted it to (my stomach still hasn't recovered from having an almost 11-pounder) but I guess I'm going to have to try to work the rest off on my own because I could only afford the one! But I was exhausted the rest of the day and Chuck E Cheese nearly did me in. Oh yes, I remember what else happened Saturday. Our three little monkeys jumped on the bed too much and when Erik sat on the corner, it collapsed, so he had to run to the hardware store and fix it later that evening. The bed was repaired just in time for Lael to throw her gum at Oliver and for him to throw it "just on her shirt" which of course got stuck in her hair so we ended up cutting it out (Erik didn't want to mess with the peanut butter - I don't know why). We have of course found gum all over the house now and it almost goes without saying we won't be having gum again for a long time. Sunday at church I actually started getting pictures up on the ward bulletin board I have taken it upon myself to work on and then we actually rested. We usually go to Erik's parents, but since they are on a cruise, we stayed home, made one of our Dream Dinners meals, cleaned and didn't have anyone over and it was good to have a break. Now onto the next crazy week ...

No comments: