Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's baseball season again!




Opening Day was Saturday and Lael and Oliver had their first games of the season. They are both playing on the Giant's team in Minor B. They have a great coach and hopefully they'll both have lots of fun and improve a lot this season. They are the oldest and the youngest players on their team. Oliver should have a great year - he was able to hit the ball every time he was at bat and got the first game ball. Oliver will definitly move up to Minor A next year. Lael just turned 6, so she's a little young but she's got a great throwing arm and I think she'll do well. Thankfully the park they play at is about 2 miles from our house. There are two games and one practice a week, so it's pretty intense, and hopefully Henry will cooperate and stay off the field cause I volunteered to be our team's Safety Coordinator, and that's going to be a little awkward.

I've also signed them up for the Mission Valley Swim Team. They're going to be Barracudas. We'll try it for this swim season and see how it goes. Practices are every day after school and they should go to three each week and then meets are on Saturday mornings. When school is out, practices are in the morning through July. We'll see how the kids take having to jump in the pool early in the morning. At least they'll get good swimming skills out of it!

And, yes, I've heard all the advice about not overscheduling your kids and I've taken that into consideration. But my kids need to be active, or they become TV junkies. I would be more than happy to just stay home but that just doesn't work for us. And I do tire of the ladies in Relief Society giving their opinions about this issue. Gag me. Really what I'd like to cut out is the homework. We get insane amounts. Anyway, now you know what we'll be up to for the next few months!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Hey! I just added your blog on mine. Your kids are SO CUTE! Exciting about baseball and swim team. That will be super fun. I always hated waking up for swim team, but I loved it when I was there and now that it's over, I miss it. I think they're going to have a superfun time.

Clare said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

Tamra said...

I am sorry, but only two activites is cutting back for you!! Maybe others just don't understand your pace. How was your birthday weekend?