Monday, May 12, 2008

How it went


So Oliver read Duck for President at Reading in the Park. As he was getting ready, he couldn't decide whether to wear his old falling-apart Heelies or his new Skechers shoes, so he asked me, "Think I should wear one of each?" I told him no, but I didn't realize until I saw the picture that he had actually done it. That's Oliver for ya!



Erik and I snuck out of the Booster Club event for an hour and left the kids at a friends' house to go out to Salang Pass. It's our favorite Afghan restaurant in Fremont and we hadn't been for a year (Ashley, I thought of you!). If you come visit, we'll take you there! I had to cancel our reservations at La Fondue in Los Gatos, but we'll make it there someday ...



It was a crazy week - as usual I guess but slightly crazier. We had two friends staying with us while their parents were out of town, added to the usual baseball chaos and other random events. Rob Duzett was in town for 24 hours, so we dragged the entire crew to have ice cream with him in San Jose. It was fun to see him for a few minutes. Lael said, "I like that uncle!" Thanks for the treat (and for being such a good sport)!


Other recent insanity includes me going to National Scrapbook Day with friends while Erik took our kids and two nonmember friends to a Primary friends activity and then to a baseball game on Saturday. That night we tried to go to San Francisco to see the KFOG Kaboom fireworks but BART was closed (Weird! I guess it was some kind of electrical problem.), so we drove up and then decided to try to see the fireworks from Treasure Island. This has worked for us before, although parking is always stressful because we're never the only ones with this idea. But I won't be trying it again because the fireworks were too far away and we did not have a good view from the places we could park on the island. Anyway, sorry Oscar and Caroline - we'll plan better next year! I've also sold more furniture on Craigslist and if I can just sell the PS2 and games, I'll have the trampoline paid for. Maybe next month ... Now if I could only get to the long-overdue laundry so we didn't have to dig through a mountain of clean clothes for socks every morning ...

1 comment:

Tamra said...

11 years and still in love. Aaahh. Isn't love beautiful. Ok, so it is not what I expected it to be, but hey at least overall we are happy-right. I love the shoes on Oliver. That is very, very funny.