Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It's hard to describe the level of insanity my life routinely operates on, but just for your amusement, I'll attempt to summarize the past 24 hours. Yesterday at 4:30 pm, while I was missing our dentist appointments and was instead trying to finish unpacking the car, I got a call that said Lael was missing T-ball practice (more on that topic later). So I took her to baseball practice, ran to the grocery store with all the kids (something I try hard never to do, but we just got back into town) and got a call at 6:30 from Erik saying he had lost his wallet on BART, so I had to immediately cancel all the credit cards. Then Erik came home and finished making dinner and worked on the toilet (since Lael accidentally flushed a cleaning head down it the other day it hasn't worked so well) and called Comcast to figure out the password for our message service, which we haven't been able to access for two weeks. After we got the kids fed and to bed, I had to pay the bills since lots were due because it was the first of the month. This morning I took Oliver to the chiropractor's since his neck was hurting and he has been complaining about his leg and I've been meaning to go anyway- he checked out fine. My neck was so kinked from the drive to and from Las Vegas I needed to go anyway. Then we went late to Henry's Little Gym class and after that I checked Oliver into school and came home and had lunch and wrote Sarah her email and then went to yoga with friends and picked Oliver up from school. Whew! That was a crazy 24 hours. Things don't always go at quite that speed, but I'd say it's like that at least once a month and it definitely takes days to recover. And I have at least one crazy, nonstop day a week.

So, on to T-ball: Lael's coach is the aunt of two of the boys on her team and let's just say our philosophies of what T-ball should be don't match. She is taking it so seriously that she wants them to practice twice a week in addition to their two games. I'm going to have to tell her we will only be making it to one practice a week. And since we're already so popular with this coach, I might just tell her that we don't have anything scheduled, I just feel it is an unnecessary use of our family time. I've left out lots of details of the interactions that have gone badly with this team. At this point, I have been labeled an absent, slacker parent. One day when I was talking to the other moms, I noticed none of them were making eye contact with me and I realized they had been talking about me when I wasn't there. It's been an interesting experience to be the hated mom. I've never been there before. But I just keep acting cheery and everyone but the coach now talks to me like nothing bad has happened. Anyway, the saga continues ...

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Oh your t-ball experience could make a great episode on a sitcom. Whatever happened to the "stay at home" mom. What a crock (can I say crock on your blog). You are a fabulous mom and your right 2 practices and 2 games is a gross waste and use of all ready busy quality family time. Good for you!