Thursday, April 03, 2008

Spring has sprung

March is my favorite month of the year. It helps that it's my birthday month, but mostly I love the shocking green color that springs up on the hills of the San Francisco Bay Area this time of year. And when I was in Israel, Spring only lasted a couple weeks, but it was beautiful. I like hiking, and we haven't done much of it with the kids, but I couldn't let the season go by without going up in the hills. We ended up hiking in the regional park near our house. Sometimes when I'm up in the hills in spring, it feels like what I imagine Ireland is like. Anyway, I think the Mission Peak hike is a few years down the road but it's fun going on short hikes for now.













We took Henry on his first bike ride. I love our Kettrike bike we bought Oliver when he was little. Henry loves going around the block. He is quite the adventurer already.









I loved Lael in this Easter outfit - she added the boots, which made it very her. It's a little large on her because that's the only way I can justify buying her more clothes is to buy big. Her favorite dresses are the nicer (usually Gymboree) ones I have bought her that are made of silk. But then she'll try to wear her tennis shoes or add some other random feature, which I usually don't let her get away with, so it leads to another battle. One week I fought her all week to wear her tennis shoes and she refused (she even played soccer in her cowgirl boots, probably just to spite me - who knows?) and then she tried to wear her tennis shoes on Sunday. She can be difficult like that. Anyway, she goes to church a lot looking half dressed for the opera but with wild bush hair and cowgirl boots. That's Lael for ya!







Oliver did a great job at his Grand Author's Night at school. He got to read the book he wrote about a dog and a mantaray.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long - I got locked out of my account and we've been beyond busy, as usual. I'm really frustrated with the publishing options I have with this blog layout, but I'd rather get some sleep than have the perfect blog, so I'm just going to post it and go to bed. Sorry the layout is so bad!

5 comments:

Tamra said...

Lael is so your daughter. Her dress is beautiful. Henry has gotten so big. So how is going to school events all in Spanish. That has been interesting for me.

Tamra said...

Also on the layout thing, I have a horrible time too, ease of use isn't always there. It takes me forever to get my picture into my blog where I want them, so if you come up with a great solution let me know.

angieb said...

You have to let Payton borrow Lael's dress in a few years because I have wanted to buy it for a while. I should have figured that you would have it.

I also love the picture of the bike train - very cute kids.

angieb said...

You have to let Payton borrow Lael's dress in a few years because I have wanted to buy it for a while. I should have figured that you would have it.

I also love the picture of the bike train - very cute kids.

Emily Duveen said...

Come on, you know you want the boots, too. Sadly, I think she'll have worn those out but I would be happy to save Lael's beautiful but overpriced (even on sale) dress for you! Good for you for holding out (when I couldn't)!