Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lael's nail fettish




These photos were taken Sunday while we hung out at Erik's parents house for dinner. You can see Lael showing off her nails in several of them. Lael has been slightly obsessed with polishing her nails lately, which has led to no end to troubles, the latest of which was when she left her new blue nail polish on the toilet and Henry used it to paint the toilet and his face (although I don't think he ate any - he's still alive at any rate). He's a fast little bugger and that was no fun to clean up. And of course it happened Saturday right before our friends came over. Lael transports it with her, like lip gloss. We've been at a friend's house and I'll be thinking, "What's that smell? That smells familiar. Lael!" because she's decided to pull fingernail polish out of her pocket and paint her nails in the middle of someone else's kitchen. Obviously I should have waited til she had a little more sense to introduce her to nail polish. But I knew she would love it and I pulled it out as a reward one day. You can be I've lived to regret that day already. I haven't even told you the kicker yet. Remember Ryan, of the hair-cutting fame? Well, while Oliver and Lael were spending the weekend there a few weeks ago. Ryan's mom was taking a bath and looked down at her feet and was dismayed to see her nails had turned shiny and slightly yellow. So she did a google search to find out what could possibly be wrong with her. She was commenting on it when she noticed Ryan was snickering. Turns out Ryan and Lael snuck into her room while she was sleeping and painted her toenails. Lael assures me they massaged Ryan's mom's feet to keep her asleep. Also, Lael claims she really had no part. She just watched, which might be true, but still! We introduced Ryan to nail polish at Lael's birthday party in February and it was Lael's nail polish they were using. I apologize if I got any of the details of that story incorrect but as you can see, introducing Lael to nail polish has had far-reaching consequences, and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

(Ryan's Dad)
That's it. I'm wearing socks to bed from now until Ry graduates high school. There are some things a man just can't leave to chance.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tamra said...

Oh that is so funny! I can just see two little kids trying to be sneaky and paint a sleeping mom's toes. Thanks for the laugh.